Product Development Specialist
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies areas of research and technology that address needs that have potential in the coatings and adhesives applications focusing mostly in the UV/EB market.
- Works with the technical group to develop new products.
- Presents opportunities to technical and sales group for new products.
- Determines project scopes and timelines based on performance, cost and timeline.
- Develops solutions based on existing and/or new products and processes.
- Prepares project status reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends; recommends actions.
- Develops customer and vendor relationships.
- Travels to visit customers/prospects as needed.
- Attends relevant trade shows or seminars as needed.
Other Lab Duties and Responsibilities
- Participates in internal technical/sales meetings.
- Submit timely weekly reports/updates.
- Submits timely eChempax report on all vendor and customer communication.
- Manages time wisely between lab projects, customers and vendors.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by enforcing procedures, rules, and regulations.
Problem solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner. Gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternate solutions. Works well in group problem solving situations. Uses reason when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Service – Responds promptly to customer’s needs. Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance. Meets commitments.
Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures. Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time. Supports organization’s goals and values.
Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality. Applies feedback to improve performance.
Safety and Security – Observes safety and security procedures. Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines. Reports potentially unsafe conditions. Uses equipment and materials correctly.
Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management directions. Takes responsibility for own actions, keeps commitments. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with and alternate plan
Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness. Generates suggestions for improving work. Develops innovative approaches and ideas. Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
Education and/or Experience:
Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in chemistry, chemical engineering, and material science with 1 to 3 years of experience or equivalent to four to five years of experience and/or training.
To send resume click here.