- Superior adhesion to various plastics such as, PP containing substrates, PET, HIPS etc. when used as a primer or additive without the need of corona or plasma pretreatment.
- Can be used in conjunction with various waterborne systems including, Acrylic, PUD, EAA, EVA etc.
- Transparent film after coating and drying
The following is recommended for application as a primer:
- Dilute AdvaBond® 7419 to 2.5—7% actives (10—28% on a weight basis) in water. Co-solvent and/or wetting agents may be necessary for proper wetting and leveling. A ladder study on the loading level is recommended in order to optimize performance depending on the application requirements.
- Apply on substrate making sure a uniform film thickness is achieved.
- Dry at 100-115°C for at least 15 seconds.
The following is recommended for application as an additive:Add AdvaBond® 7419 into the coating/adhesive system at 1—5wt%. Make sure AdvaBond® 7419 is compatible with the system before application. Keep pH >7.0. A ladder study on the loading level is recommended in order to optimize performance depending on the application requirements.