Solvent-borne, chlorine-free adhesion promoter for polyolefinic substrates. It is designed to work on surfaces without any surface treatment such as corona or flame. AdvaBond® 8117 can be used as a primer or as an additive to a coating or adhesive formulation where chemical resistance is needed. Excellent fit for automotive primer applications.
- Designed to enhance the performance of products on untreated
polyolefin or non-polyolefin plastic substrates
- Adheres to most automotive plastics
- Excellent chemical and fuel resistance
- Solution provided in a non aromatic solvent
- Clean the substrate with isopropyl alcohol or other appropriate
solvent to remove all contamination (dirt, oil grease, etc). Dry
the surface thoroughly after cleaning.
- Apply the solution as primer on substrate using a Meyer rod, blade
coater, spray or brush.
- Recommended loading levels can range from 1—10% on an active
basis—depending on application and level of performance required.
- Dry and cure at ambient or elevated temperature until fully cured.
- Test the degree of adhesion using various test methods.