Solvent-borne, chlorinated adhesion promoter for various polyolefinic substrates. AdvaBond® 8203 can be used as a primer or as an additive to a coating or adhesive formulation. Excellent fit for polypropylene containing substrates. Supplied in Xylene.
- Superior adhesion to PP, TPO or EPDM.
- Excellent interlayer adhesion between primer and top coat
(polyester or polyurethane paint).
- Clean the substrate from contamination (dirt, oil grease, etc)
with isopropyl alcohol or other appropriate solvent.
- Dry the surface thoroughly after cleaning.
- Prepare the primer solution for application. Dilute the stock
solution down to 5% solids using xylene.
- Apply the 5% solids solution to the substrate at 0.1 to 0.2 mil
(dry film thickness) using a Meyer rod, blade coater, spraying or
- The topcoat can be applied as soon as the CPO primer is dry
(Usually 10 to 15 minutes at temperatures above 72°F).