Organo-modified siloxane emulsion designed for use as a penetrating and durable water repellent for concrete, grout, stucco, split-face block, brick, natural stones etc.
- Superior water repellency for various substrates.
- Low dilution levels required for maximum performance.
- Chemically bonds to the treated substrate preventing potential damage from repeated freeze/thaw cycles.
- Excellent storage stability. Freeze/thaw stable and elevated temperature (50oC) stable.
- No change or slight change in surface appearance
- Can be used in admixtures for cementitious products
- Substrate should be clean and free from any contaminants (dust, dirt, oil, grease, curing compounds, paint/coatings, efflorescence, etc.) before applying APS-236 Emulsion.
- Dilute product to 5—10wt% depending on the intended use in water (preferably de-mineralized) and stir at low shear
- Two coats of the dilution should be applied wet-on-wet (approximately 15—20 minutes in between coats) to ensure the best coverage. Do not allow second coat to pool or puddle on treated surface.
- APS-236 Emulsion can be applied by brush, roller, spray or dip.
- A minimum of 24 hours should be allowed before treated surface comes in contact with water. Maximum water repellency will occur approximately 48—72 hours after application, depending
on the curing conditions.