APS-P35 Adhesion Promoter is a silicone compound used to
enhance the adhesion of sealants, coatings and adhesives to both
porous and non-porous surfaces.
- Surface to be bonded should be dry and free from grease, oil,
dust and release agents.
- Non-porous substrates, including silicone rubber, should be
degreased with solvent prior to application.
- For better results, fluorosurfactants (i.e. APFS-14) or other
wetting agents may be added to adhesion promoters for wetting
the difficult to adhere substrates during application.
- APS-P35 can be applied by wiping, dipping or spraying. This
product requires moisture in the air to cure, and is generally
cured at room temperature.
- For optimal bonding a minimum of 24 hours is recommended,
however different cure times may be required depending on the
substrate used and relative humidity of the environment.
- Experience has shown that longer drying times produced better
adhesion, particularly on difficult substrates.